Saturday, February 25, 2012

Genealogy


I have been doing genealogical research for some time now. I have over 16,000 people in my family tree. I seek to uncover more history anywhere I can. I find a need to hunt down any information that pertains to my research. If I touch on any of the names you recognize feel free to let me know. I have worked on the Faulkner side and this is what I have found.
The name Faulkner is English, originating from the Falcon trainers of England, who trained and handled the birds for the royal ranks of palaces and regaled estates.
I have researched back to the early 1800's, with the help of a cousin who just happened to have the family bible containing hand written loose pages, which were yellowed and brittle with age. Between the two of us we were able to make out many of the names and dates listed there.
The earliest listing we were able to make out was 'William Hilliard Falkner' born March 9, 1800 and was married to 'Jane Jefferson Gant' born April 15, 1804. The pages did not list where they might have been born, but all their children were listed as being born in Alert, Sandy Creek Township, Franklin County, North Carolina.
The original spelling of the family name did not contain a 'u', and it is determined by this writer that it was added in the late 1800's.

No comments:

Post a Comment